Monday, June 24, 2013

Rock and Roll: SEATTLE

I ran the Rock and Roll half marathon on Saturday. It was my 5th half marathon...I think. My mom came out from Utah and ran the full marathon. I had a hard time deciding if i would run this race. I had been training for it when I found out I was pregnant, did you miss this post? I didn't want to do anything to hurt the baby, but i was feeling good on my runs--which is saying something, because I felt good maybe 1.5% of the time during my first trimester-- so, I kept running. I was able to train throughout the sickness and the fatigue, thanks to a very supportive husband and a great running buddy. I am 13 weeks along (and slowly getting more energy). The race was awesome and I felt great. It was definitely not my fastest time, but that was never my goal. I took it easy and I am really glad I did it. I am signed up for a half marathon in August, I will be 21 weeks..I'm not sure if it will happen, but I'm hoping I can. 

Here are a few pictures from the race expo and the race:

I won this hand for my little miss p at the race expo. Apparently I am pretty good at throwing a golf ball into a running shoe...who knew?

 You always find some cool stuff walking around Seattle.

 This is us with the amazing Olson family, who were kind enough to drive us to the race at 4:45AM.


And after the race we had a little fun with these 2 + Isla. It was a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting. i love comments!