Tuesday, August 6, 2013

isla's big girl quilt

Last week I finished this quilt for Isla's big girl bed. We haven't gotten her a bed yet...but we will have a quilt for it when we do. We have been debating getting the girls bunk beds, getting P a loft bed and give la la P's bed OR just getting another twin sized bed. Bryan and I are epically slow at making decisions and so we can maybe plan on getting Isla out of the crib JUST before the baby is born.

For this quilt I got 1/2 yard cuts of 9 colors and enough white to use 1 yard on the front and the back the quilt.  I cut 8 1/2" squares and then I cut the squares in half diagonally, randomly matched halves up and then sewed them into rows.  I quilted with Perl cotton size 5 and bound it with purple. The quilt was easy and pretty quick.



 

1 comment:

thank you for commenting. i love comments!